Token is an entertainment business representing some of Australia’s finest actors and comedians.
Token is Australia’s biggest manager of comedians, taking care of the global careers of Australia’s funniest on stage, on screen and anywhere else you can be funny. We manage the likes of Hannah Gadsby, Celia Pacquola, Wil Anderson, Tom Ballard, Tom Gleeson and Judith Lucy. We are part of a group of companies that also includes the television production company Guesswork Television, and the management company Creative Representation.
We are looking for a Administration Assistant in our Melbourne office.
The Administration Assistant will work across all of these business primarily providing administration and paralegal support to the two in-house lawyers, as well as providing administration support to our artist booking agent. You may be required to assist in other areas of the business from time to time.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the execution of contracts and drafting simple contracts.
- Assisting with copyright and clearances tasks.
- Undertaking legal research tasks.
- Maintaining trademarks registers.
- Assisting with the booking and management of all artist corporate engagements including artist travel, liaising with hirers and our artists to confirm all event details.
- Managing artist calendars, bookings and invoicing.
- Other administrative tasks as required to support business affairs and the booking agent.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience working in a support role (either as a paralegal or legal secretary) in a law firm or legal department or in a procurement or other contract administration role.
- Genuine interest in the entertainment industry.
- Ability to build a good rapport with creative talent and key clients of the business.
- Excellent attention-to-detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, systematic and process driven.
- Ability to set timeframes and carry out duties in accordance with competing deadlines.
- Proficient at Excel and Word necessary and familiarity with office systems such as Sharepoint and inEntertainment desirable.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 19.