We are currently seeking a bright, enthusiastic and experienced full-time legal counsel to join our Legal and Business Affairs team in our Melbourne office. The Legal Counsel will report to our Head of Legal and provide commercially focussed legal support to each business within the Token Group, with a strong focus on reviewing and advising on a range of media and entertainment related contracts, as well television production, including development, commissioning, financing and distribution of programs.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Legal qualification and current practising certificate (not subject to supervision);
- PQE 2-4 years approx. in a mid-tier/boutique commercial law firm or equivalent in-house legal experience;
- Solid and demonstrable commercial law experience specifically in drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial agreements;
- Additional general legal practice experience in one or more other areas including employment, intellectual property and media law.
- Experience with film, TV or digital media production practices, financing and distribution;
- Experience with legal clearance for television production.
The Token Group of companies comprises the following businesses:
Token Artists and Token Events
Token Artists is a personal management company representing Australia’s best comedians. Token Events produces the live seasons of these comedians, and others.
Creative Representation represents actors, writers and directors working in film, television, theatre, voice-over and corporate video as well as radio personalities and presenters.
Guesswork Television is a television company which provides specialist development and executive producing services to film and television productions created by and for our artists.
Applications close on Friday July 19. Please email your cover letter and CV to [email protected].