Token is an entertainment business representing some of Australia’s finest comedians.
Token is Australia’s biggest manager of comedians, taking care of the global careers of Australia’s funniest on stage, on screen and anywhere else you can be funny. We manage the likes of Hannah Gadsby, Celia Pacquola, Dave Hughes, Wil Anderson, Tom Ballard, Tom Gleeson and Judith Lucy. We are part of a group of companies that also includes the television production company Guesswork Television, and the management company Creative Representation.
Token Events keeps Australia laughing in huge theatres, small theatres, tents and anywhere else you can put on a show. Selling more than 300,000 tickets every year we keep ourselves and our artists very busy. This is a fast-paced, dynamic and always interesting business and we are looking for a senior publicist to work in our live touring business in our Melbourne office.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Director plan and implement all aspects of the company’s public relations strategies
- Support the marketing department to reach box office targets through comprehensive media coverage for our artists
- Develop and implement strategic public relations plans, both short and long lead, and promote the artists across all media (print, radio, TV, online)
- Be the point of contact for all media enquiries
- Ensure the company’s media database is kept up to date
- Collate and track all media coverage in season and conduct post season analysis
- In consultation with Artist Managers create and distribute all media releases
- Coordinate media calls and interviews for artists including accompanying artists to interviews where necessary
- Work with photographers to arrange photo and video shoots as required. Manage the artist’s publicity imagery
- Work with the Marketing Director to leverage and optimise media coverage via the vast social media networks of our artists
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all festivals the company participates in
- Meet and greet VIP guests, media and reviewers at opening nights
- Brief company management with current coverage and trends
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public relations. Experience in the entertainment industry desirable but not essential
- Current and well developed contacts with Australian media
- Understanding of contemporary marketing, communications and promotions practices
Due to the nature of the live entertainment business, a degree of flexibility and after hours work on weekends and evenings is required. Interstate travel will be required from time to time.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter by Friday 12 July to [email protected]