Token is an entertainment business representing some of Australia’s finest actors and comedians.
We are currently seeking a new member of our Legal and Business Affairs team. The role provides support to each business within the Token Group with a strong focus on television production, including development, commissioning, financing and distribution. You will be the senior in a team of three lawyers and an assistant.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Legal qualification and current practising certificate.
- Experience with film, TV or digital media production practices, financing and distribution.
- Production contracting experience including rights licensing, writer and talent contracting.
- Experience with legal clearance for television production.
- Contracting and negotiation experience across publishing, live theatre, events and music.
- Knowledge of ATRRA, MPPCA, SASA and other industry agreements.
- Experience across a range of legal areas including employment, copyright, trademarks and defamation law.
The Token Group of companies comprises the following businesses:
Token Artists and Token Events:
Token Artists is a personal management company representing Australia’s best comedians. Token Events produces the live seasons of these comedians, and others.
Creative Representation represents actors, writers and directors working in film, television, theatre, voice-over & corporate video as well as radio personalities and presenters.
Guesswork Television is a television company which provides specialist development and executive producing services to film and television productions created by and for our artists.
If this sounds like your dream job, please email your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by Friday January 18.